Lessons in the Alexander Technique can benefit people by:
- Reducing the number of days in pain and reducing the disability associated with chronic low back pain. This benefit has been shown to be still noticeable after 12 months.
- Promoting a sense of well-being, enabling you to feel lighter, calmer and more relaxed
- Improving balance, stability and coordination
- Improving posture
- Improving ease of movement and enabling you to experience less tension
- Improving respiratory functioning in healthy people
Click here to read the full reports and studies of how Alexander Technique can benefit a wide range of problems on the STAT website (opens in a new window).
The Alexander Technique is a skill that you learn so that you can then help yourself. It becomes a tool for life, enabling you to function with greater freedom and choice in everyday life situations, enabling you to cope differently with stress, and freeing you from unnecessary habitual functional problems. The Alexander Technique can be applied alongside any therapy and may help achieve greater ease in other activities.
I usually recommend that you come for an introductory lesson .This gives you an idea of what learning the technique involves, and whether you feel this technique is right for you. There is no obligation to continue with lessons afterwards.